ESPNU to air CBI Championship Series
February 1, 2016
Contact: Ray Cella (email@example.com), 609-921-1300
PRINCETON, N.J. – The Gazelle Group is pleased to announce an agreement with ESPNU to televise the best-of-three Championship Series of the College Basketball Invitational (www.cbi2016.com, @cbitourney) this March and April.
The CBI, which will enter its ninth year in March, is a 16-team single-elimination postseason men’s basketball tournament up until the best-of-three Championship Series, with all games played at campus sites.
“This agreement with ESPN to televise the CBI is an indication of the success the CBI has achieved over the years,” said Giles. “Each year the CBI has been as competitive as any postseason tournament and with ESPN’s involvement, we feel the level of interest in the event – from the schools to the fans – will continue to grow.”
Butler, Cincinnati, Colorado, Creighton, Davidson, Houston, Oregon, Oregon State, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Purdue, St. John’s, Stanford, Texas, Texas A&M, Tulsa, Utah, UTEP, Virginia, VCU, Washington, Washington State, Wichita State, and Wyoming have all participated in the CBI, benefiting from the experience and leading to subsequent success.
Examples of CBI success include:
- VCU winning the 2010 CBI and advancing to the NCAA Final Four the next season.
- Pittsburgh winning the 2012 CBI and earning a berth in the 2013 NCAA Tournament.
- Texas parlaying its 2013 CBI experience into a 2014 NCAA Tournament berth.
- Oregon winning the 2011 CBI and going 24-10 the following season.
- Utah playing in the 2008 CBI and then going to the NCAA Tournament the next year.
- Butler, after advancing to consecutive NCAA championship games, played in the 2012 CBI and followed that with a 2013 NCAA Tournament berth.
This year’s CBI will begin on March 16 and conclude with the Championship Series on March 28, March 30, and April 1 (if necessary).
The College Basketball Invitational is produced by the Gazelle Group of Princeton, N.J. The Gazelle Group is a sports marketing firm, specializing in event production and management, client representation, and sponsorship consulting. Gazelle produces numerous nationally-recognized events, such as the 2K Classic benefiting Wounded Warrior Project, Legends Classic, and the Gotham Classic.
Share this Post